Rapides Parish School Board is Seeking
Special Education Advisory Council Members
The Rapides Parish School Board is accepting applications for membership on the newly created Special Education Advisory Council.
This council will meet three (3) times per year to provide advice and recommendations regarding special education policies, procedures, and resources.
The council will also engage in outreach activities to the community at large to increase the level of knowledge, support, and collaboration with respect to special education.
Members are being sought from the following stakeholder groups:
- • Parents or legal guardians of students with disabilities enrolled in Rapides Parish schools
- • Teachers, Principals, and Paraprofessionals employed by RPSB
- • Adults with disabilities
- • Self-advocates (high school students with disabilities)
- • Members of organizations serving students with disabilities
- • Employers of students with disabilities
- • School Board Members
- • School student leadership
Members will be appointed by Mr. Jeff Powell, Superintendent, and serve a two (2) year term.
To apply, please pick up an application at the Rapides Parish School Board office, 610 Sixth Street, Alexandria or print an application from the district website: www.rpsb.us (click here)
All applications must be returned to Vickie Smith, Director of Special Education, no later than November 22, 2019.