Rapides Parish School District uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, and your name. Click Sign Up when you are done.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the “Click here to begin” button. Enter your child’s student Number # and Activation Number.
Student Number: This number can be found at bottom of your Parent Portal Page.
Activation Number: This number can be found at bottom of your Parent Portal Page.
Code expiration date: 10/20/2016
You can also get this letter from your childs school, with their numbers and activation codes on them.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
[Note: Fields that are not editable have been locked by the school. Please contact the school to make changes to those settings.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from which contains a link that you can use to authenticate your email address with your account.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account as soon as you receive their Student ID and Activation Code.
At any time you can simply go to contactme.schoolmessenger.com to access your account.
Thank you for signing up, and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager!
To learn more about SchoolMessenger please visit their web site at www.schoolmessenger.com
If you have questions regarding the phone number you see in SchoolMessenger for your student please contact your childs school.